Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have had to press pause on many of our groups. As things start to open up again, With Music In Mind have been working hard to assess all the potential risks we may face regarding Covid-19 when we return to groups, and how we will address them within our groups to keep everybody as safe as possible. In addition to this, we must also comply with any standards set by the UK and Welsh Government. This not only includes any specific guidance on singing and/or exercise groups, but also guidance for the safe use of multi-purpose community centres (and therefore indoor gatherings), and for protecting people defined as clinically vulnerable.
Any groups that are currently running are in line with the current government guidance and restrictions can be found in the 'book a place' part of our website.
We have conducted a full risk assessment for any groups which are able to run in order to reduce the transmission of the virus. Here you can find the key points so you know what to expect when attending a group.
- Hand washing facilities available, including hand sanitizer
- Members to wash/sanitize at the start, middle and end of group
- Single use gloves for staff preparing food
- Signage about hand washing up in venues
- Frequently touched surfaces (eg. Handrails, door handles) will be cleaned regularly
- Venue cleaning schedules will be in place
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Staff and members to wear face covering when entering and exiting groups, when not exercising in groups, when not sitting down for refreshments.
- Members and staff will be trained on how to put on and remove PPE
- Members and staff will be trained on how to keep PPE clean
- One-way system in place in venues
- 2m markers in place in waiting and queuing areas, or staff to monitor queues if markers absent
- Seating placed 2m apart
- Toilet facilities limited to single use
- Limited number of members at each group, subject to venue capacity
- We strongly advise against any physical greetings e.g. hugs, handshakes.
- Signage around venue reminding of social distancing
- Doors and windows open where possible
- Venues chosen based on adequate ventilation
- Temperature checks for members and staff before entry
- Track and Trace Policy in place
- Staff and volunteers to take up testing as appropriate
- Group members and staff not to attend groups if they experience any symptoms in the 48 hours previous to group